Thursday, August 25, 2011

Morrowind!

  I thought I'd toss in a quick post about something else I'm interested in: Morrowind! I'm talking about the third videogame in the Elder Scrolls series by Bethesda. I bought this game about 4 or so years ago and it quickly became one of my favorite games of all time. Possibly THE favorite. It's a must-have for any RPG fan. Not because it's super-action-packed or extra gory or terribly innovative, but because it's HUGE.
  You, the player, are dropped off in a small port town. After some character customization and a few instructions to get you started, you're given the freedom to explore the entire island of Morrowind, doing what you want, when you want, and how you want. Seriously. Kill anyone you don't like, steal anything that's not bolted down, whatever. There are over 400 dungeons and dozens of towns to explore, and over a score of skills to develop. I'd literally need to write a book to explain everything you can do in this game. If you can't tell, I love it.
  If I've whetted your appetite, check it out at Amazon: Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (Game of the Year). You can get it dirt cheap there. I would get the Game of the Year edition, but it's up to you. Hope you enjoy Morrowind as much as I do! And no, I don't own any stock in the company, if that's what you're wondering...

5 comments:

  1. I am an rpg fan, but I have only playe japanese rpg so I think I will start playing western rpg with the elder scrolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. dom, you definitely should! The Elder Scrolls is definitely a great place to start for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait for skyrim, that's gonna be awesome!
    also, morrowind ruled.

    ReplyDelete